That's So Ron!!!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Surprise Early Dismissal & Mini Shopping Trip!

Another regimental day starts again; wake up at 5.30am, leave the house at 6.20am, reach camp etc... it's yet another boring day at OETI. Well, I mean, life isn't exactly boring there, but I guess learning something that you are *SO* not interested in makes you feel so bored. I mean, who the hell wants to learn about the different parts of an engine of a land rover!??!! Do I seriously need to know them! Crap!

Today was different, though. 1st thing, my instructors were not to be found. While the group that was doing the man truck (think of a big truck that can hold lotsa stuff) started their lesson, my group members and I were there waiting for the instructor-in-charge to come. In fact, we didn't know who was supposed to be in charge, so one of our other instructors, who was supposed to do another group in another platoon helped us. And yes this shows how efficient SAF is, once again.

We were supposed to take the engine out, so we were re-learning the parts of the engine and the systems before the removal. Because today's Friday and the Muslims have to go for their prayers and we were extremely behind time, he rushed the lesson a little, so it was... confusing.

Anyway, the funny [and good] part was after lunch. I came back, only to find out that we were given 'flexi' (in my camp, that means early dismissal due to the finishing of lesson at early timing, supposedly), but we had to do area cleaning and take out the engine, which is like crazy!!! We rushed through everything and we managed to be dismissed early!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! :) and the funny thing is... although I was supposed to be part of the 'removing-the-engine' team, I ended up cleaning the toilets due to confusion and, thus didn't get to remove the engine today! Hahahaha :P

Anyway I went to IKEA and look around for a birthday gift for my buddy. It's a funny place to be getting a gift, but I was so close to getting a shoe rack (hahahah) cos I know that he liked it, but after much thought, I thought it was ridiculous to get a shoe rack that is big, plain and plastered all over the newspaper (hint: price on the papers...), so in the end, I just left after looking around for like 1.5 hours.

I took a bus to lovely Orchard Road with a freaking heavy bag (try to imagine a pair of boots, 1 set of uniform, 1 set of technician coverall, 1 pair of shorts, socks, books, notebooks, pen and others in a small sports tube bag) and stop over at my favourite store... HMV!!! This month, there's a clearout on many stuff, like CDs, calendars, DVDs, books etc. But, I'm beginnning to wonder if the clearout sale is *REALLY* a clearout...






Wah lau!!!! Kylie Minogue at S$4.95!!??!?! Who don't want!??!?!







What's a clearout if the CD is just $2 off the actual price of the CD?!??!!








Seriously, who would wanna see Britney and Kevin for that price? they must be out of their mind.






Notice that the 'import' sticker cost S$9. Kinda ridiculous to have 2 different prices.

Well, that's their definition of a clearout sale. Anyway I bought a 2006 calendar for S$3.95 :D cool right? "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" somemore! So cute!! I browsed around Heeren and found something for my buddy finally (cannot tell you yet...). Then I went back home, realising that it's so sunny today and that if I don't take the opportunity to swim, I might never get a chance again. I mean, it's been raining like forever!!!

Long day tomorrow... I'm going back to TP for some talk, then I'm going for a birthday party tomorrow evening. Yes... till then, this is Ron Tan - OUT!

P.S. Stick to Curry when you buy Old Chang Kee curry puffs. The Pepper ones are small and not really worth your dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home