That's So Ron!!!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Simply Fàn-tastic!!!

Hey everyone!!! It's a bright lovely Saturday! So what activities has Mr. Blonde arranged for himself? Well... I would be out the whole day, but it's not *THAT* busy lah. Hahaha! Okay today woke up around 7am+, hanged around at home and left the house for school (of course I showered and everything!). Now, you must be wondering why I'm going back to TP all of a sudden? Well, because of CAREER FAIR! Hahahaha I went back to my beloved Temasek Polytechnic for the Career Fair. There were a few talks that I was gonna attend, so I came down.

Went to the bus stop and, yes, bus 23 never fails to be late. Hahaha, so I was just a little bit late, but thankfully the talk haven't started yet. When I reached school, I climbed up the flight of stairs and suddenly all the great wonderful memories started following. I don't know why, but I felt so good. There was some kind of an estastic feeling about coming back to TP! I know it's sounds crazy to at least 99.99999% of you people reading this, but I really felt so good! And happy!!!

Okay enough nonsense! Hahaha anyway I entered the auditorium area (where my registration for my course, graduation etc were held) and registered on the spot (I think there were problems online or something). I went for 3 talks and in between those talks, I went to various booths to check out the job prospects that they are offering. Okay here's the rundown of the booths and the talks:

[talks]

CAAS: The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the people behind THE airport, came down and talked about Air Traffic Controllers. Highly paid, they are the people who control the aeroplanes coming in and flying out of the airports. They control the air traffic movement in the skies too! It sounds interesting but tough too. The pay is good, but you work like shift work. That's not the problem. They have very high requirements, like you must be decisive, be a good team player, speak fluent English, have un-shaky voice etc. Plus it's shift work, so you gotta work at funny hours (well, that's not a prob) and be prepared for standby, meaning you have to replace someone, should that person fall sick or whatever (okay that might be a prob!).

SIA: Great way to fly indeed! Not only did their video presentation show the 'glam' side of cabin crew, they also showed the real side of it, like what training they had to go through, the things that happen behind the curtains (yeah when you are walking to the lavatory... that curtain), the sleeping pattern etc. Actually I found it quite scary! Hahahha! I mean... there's standby (again!) duties and you might get dry skin, bad hair and some other funny sickness on board. Plus you have to be able to uphold the name of Singapore Airlines. It's tough, but don't mind giving it a shot (even though my height is kinda like the factor that would make them turn me down). Yeah.... plus get to travel far!!! Why not?!?!

DFS: The speaker was well-mannered and professional in her speech. However, she came to most of us as some 'Ice Queen b****' cos she was 'cold' and a little 'plastic' in a way. Okay on with the job, there were many opportunities for us in DFS. The only problem is... there's too many. And we don't even know where to start! All I know is that you can broaden your mind by meeting people of different cultures and going to different places and departments. Ahh! Too confusing man!!!!

[booths]

Well... there were many booths. From McDonald's to Raffles Hotel, I was able to find quite a variety of companies. Most of them wanted to recruit people, but unfortunately, my talents have to be wasted for another... 1 year 9 months? Yeah... sorry guys! Wait for my emancipation later... hahha!

Some of the 'interesting' booths include Mini Toons, PastaMania and Starhub. Up to now, I'm still wondering what a diploma holder can do in Mini Toons? It's not that we are trying to search for 'high class jobs' or whatever... it's just that, we ain't sure if we can fully expand our minds and talents with a place like that. It's a tough world, man...

During the breaks that I had in between and stuff, I managed to take pics of my school:
My Lovely TP! Come down now!!!






The Flags of TP (including the National Flag)















The new ITAS Canteen! It's air-conditioned. Unfortunately, it was closed, so can't go in. But anyway managed to take a pic of it.















The other side of the canteen.

















Seriously, who in the world would bring their pets to the school??? Unless they are taking a Diploma in Dog and Cat Shows, I don't see why!!! (found at entrance of canteen)













The koi pond in my school...


















My school in a different angle.























Anyway after all of that, I head off to Tampines Mall, one of the hangouts that I would go to sometimes after school (or before). Still as busy as ever loh! It's like the next Orchard Road. Did you know that the McDonald's in Tampines is the busiest in Singapore? Unbelievable right? Tell me about it. Talking about that I DID go to McDonald's for my lunch! Hahaha. And I had Fàntastic Burger!!! Cool, huh? It's the latest burger to hit our lovely island! It comes in 2 flavours: beef and chicken. Obviously, since I love beef, I tried the beef burger:

Chi fan le ma?? Hahahah!!!


Well the burger actually tasted good! It does taste like the one at Mos Burger, except that maybe it's oiler, so I wonder how healthy the whole thing actually is. It's worth the try! Fàn-tastic! I'll try the chicken one next!

I walked around Tampines Mall and Century Square. Busy, busy, busy! Everyone seem to be rushing somewhere. I found a Converse bag that I like. Quite small, but I don't care I LIKE IT! Hahhahaa! I went into a lot of shops (and of course I didn't buy anything). Just window-shopping, as usual.

At Century Square, I chanced upon Discovery Studios, a studio that kinda allows you to make your own CD at a reasonable (supposedly) price. They have many packages; some with 1 song, some with a few songs, some with makeover etc. I would love to give it a shot, but not sure. I mean S$38 for a CD with 1 song? And what song will that be? I also don't know...

After nearly 3-4 hours of walking everywhere (including a stop at Wang Jiao to read all the brochures that I got from the fair), I made my way to Pasir Ris MRT Station to meet Billy. Billy was punctual. Really punctual. Then I found out that he actually came earlier than me by 1/2h!!! That's crazy!!! Hahaa! But at least you wouldn't be late. We walked to DownTown East for Jim's, my OETI buddy, birthday.

He has *SO* many friends!!! hahahaah they were literally everywhere! He invited quite a no. of people, including his friends from some Chinese Orchestra group that he's in, his secondary school teachers (oh my God) and some various here and there. If not for stupid training, his BMT friends would have been here too!!! Ai yo!

Despite not talking to him much during the party, I got to talk to Colin, another guy from OETI and Billy (although Billy left early for another party). Yea it was quite nice. Didn't know that Jim is the middle child (same as me). His family is so... homely! Hahhaha! I don't know. After hanging around for a while and taking photos and cutting (and munching on) the cake, Colin and I left for home.








My buddy, Jim (Zhong Xiao) acting silly!














(from left): Billy, Jim, Colin and I


















The lovely birthday cake, Quite nice leh!




















My buddy and I. It's a funny pose, don't ya think?
















Billy and I when we arrived earlier in the evening.










What a day man! Hahahaha if only I can have days like that every day! Oh no! The week ahead is packed with stuff!!!! Tests, another birthday party, work, movie... oh my God! But wait, Sunday is just tomorrow!!! Yeah!!! Hahahah! Need to sleep and think about it tomorrow!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home