That's So Ron!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fire in da house!!!!

We know that we've seen so many videos and clips on fire and the dos and don'ts of it. We also know that such a thing is real, but deep in our hearts... we kinda know that it will never happen to us. Or you thought so.

I was having a great sleep, when suddenly my mother shouted, "Hurry up! Hurry up!". I know that it was the year of the Dog and that it is the 1st day of Chinese New Year, but why is she so 'kan cheong' (nervous) about it? Then suddenly, an unfamiliar manly voice shouted, "Everyone hurry up!". And from my half sleepy eyes a man in blue uniform. Oh my God WHAT THE HELL IS A POLICEMAN DOING IN MY HOUSE!??!?!

Then I realised that something is wrong. I can't remember if I heard it... or I felt it... or I knew it... but there was a FIRE!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! This is like some drama coming alive!!! I ran out of the house and did all the wrong things:

  1. Took my teddy bear down
  2. Had 'time' to ask my father to unplug my handphone from the plug, cos I was charging it.

Super 'salah', but yeah, I did it. Anyway I took the nearest sandals and ran down the stairs. I was freaking worried. So many questions, so little time. Out of the main door, I saw my maid, uncle and grandmother across the road. I ran to my grandmother and asked her if she's okay. Was really really worried and relieved that everyone in my family is okay.

While the fireman and police were frantically taking care of the area, onlookers just stood watching the fire coming on and off. The fire was actually in a building near my house. This building, called Eng Wah, used to be some movie studio or something like that. And I think the old films were stuck inside. Guess one of it caught fire.

Here are some pictures of the scene:

That's how big the fire was!

Part of my family at the scene

Look at the amount of smoke!!!!

It was so big, 2 fire engines were needed!!!

The onlookers of the scene

My younger brother and I at the scene. We are so tired. And yes this is me with my teddy bear!!!! He was so scared!

After what seemed to be like forever, the police let us return to our nests... oops I mean our homes. It was truly an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home