That's So Ron!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

GONG XI FA CAI AND HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE! It's the year of the Dog! Wow! Hahahha I hope that 2006 will be a good year, man! Here's a brief on my Chinese New Year (28th Jan - 31st Jan):

Eve: Went out with my friend, J. Had quite a nice swim at Kallang Basin, then we had lunch around the area. Hard to find food, so ended up eating vegetarian. Then we did shopping at the supermarket. Head to his place for a little while (cos most of the shops are closed anyway) before heading off our own ways. He went over to his brother's place for reunion dinner.

My reunion dinner was held the day before, so I just went back home and did my own stuff. I wanted to go to Chinatown, but no one to go with (ARUNAN!!!!!! :( ) Hahahaha... after 12 midnight, I sneaked out of the house to buy McDonald's. Hahahah... I wanted to buy an ice-cream. I don't know what made me buy a Filet-O-Fish meal. Hahhaah my younger bro and I digged into our meals and I slept quite late. Really late.


McDonald's Jalan Besar at 1+ in the freaking morning!









1st Day: Was awaken by policeman thanks to a fire 'breakout' near my house. Quite scary at first, but come to think about it, it was quite an experience!!! My mother told me after the incident that it was the year of the 'Fire' Dog this year. Not sure if that's of any coincidence, but yeah...

Anyway went to my grandmother's place and guess what's the topic of the day? The Fire! Hahahaha we were showing video clips and photos from my phone and how interesting the incident was. My grandmother laughed because I took a pic of her and part of my family (you can see it in the previous entry) and she look pretty funny! Hahahah :P

After that I went to one of my big uncle's place (from my mother side) and it was an okay experience (like every year). I'm always talking to a few of my relatives and just hanging out. Watched my brother play blackjack, while getting endless persuasions of a game or 2. And my elder brother is always watching soccer. Hahaha. My mother would play mahjong. Ai yo... only difference? My father didn't leave earlier than usual. He would usually be with his friends.

My family (except my mother) and I left quite early and had dinner at Pizza Hut at Heartland Mall. I had spaghetti and pizza. We went back home and had a quite cosy evening together.

2nd Day: A tradition in my family. We went to Grace Lodge at Punggol. Kinda like a Buddhist-oriented old folk's home. I've been going there ever since I knew of my existence. My grandmother and mother would pay respects, then we will pay respect to the head nun, then we will give ang pows to the old folks. It's cool in a way :D

We had our lunch at Punggol Plaza's Food Court. Had ban mian for my lunch. Hahhaha! Then I went over to one of my mother sister's house. It was quite boring. I just sat in front of the TV for like... 4 hour straight? But I managed to watch "Golden Globes" on cable. Oh my God Mariah was on it!! She's so pretty :P

And I'm happy that" Desperate Housewives" won Best Series. It's like ROCKIN'!!!! "Brokeback Mountain" won Best Movie or something like that!!! Cool!!! Way to go, Ang Lee!!! After watching that, I just felt that I need to get my a** back home. I went home (without my mother) and my father was at home. He brought me to Parkway for dinner and we tried the Teppanyaki at Sakae Sushi. Okay lah. Quantity actually too little for me. Hahahah.

I went to Gramaphone and I don't know how come my father bought "Mee Pok Man" and "12 Storeys"!!! hahaha but, by Eric Khoo... should be good. Went home after that.

3rd Day: It's my CNY celebration! I woke up and did my baking, preparation before. My 1st guest? My BMT buddy, Yong Quan!!! Still the same, just that he's been busy at his unit. Poor thing leh. He has to do lotsa stuff in his unit. All the rifle, marching, blah blah... so sianz. I hope he will be okay, really.

Most of my friends were late. They called one after another at around 1-2pm, so my house nearly collapsed!!! I mean you have the mad Yesteryears, the mad Vanitha and her megamike voice, the crazy OETI gang and many more. Although I couldn't entertain all of them at one time, I'm just so happy to see them because they were.. happy! Hahahah! I'm also happy because they kinda like my brownies :D Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!!

Anyway after that, I left with Jinhui to meet my friend Li-Shan. That girl... went to Perth, Australia for studies. Just came back, so we went out with her. She was good. Glad that she's doing fine :D But it's a real pity that she couldn't go to my house. We had dinner (actually, I had dinner cos both of the girls were full), then we went to Lido to buy movie tix. We wanted to watch "Cheaper By The Dozen 2", but bad seats. Same goes for "Fun with Dick and Jane". In the end, we bought tix for "Fearless".

Now, most of you know that I seldom watch Chinese movies and I don't know when's the last time I watch a Chinese movie from Hong Kong/China/Taiwan in the cinema. And I'm not a big fan of kung fu and whatever martial arts (and yes that means I don't like Jackie Chan). But oh my God "Fearless" is good!!! It's even better than "Memoirs of a Geisha" to me.

And I really felt that the plot was good. The movie isn't about the fighting. It's about the plot. The story of this guy called Huo Yuanjia and his life. You learn a lot of good lessons and values. Really amazing. I cried leh! Hahahah cos the last part of the movie... tak boleh tahan!!! It's like.. he still continued to fight his last match despite being poisoned by somebody. He kinda had a four-against-one match with 4 people from different countries.

It's really touching. And after this movie, I just feel so proud to be Chinese!!! Despite whatever that China has gone through, you can see that people are still willing to fight for their own rights and are still proud to be who they are. I mean he could beat up this super muscular wrestler from US in that movie! Wah lau... and he's just damn nice. He could have killed some of his opponents. But he didn't. That's real pride and integrity... whatever! It's just good lah!!!!

Went back home, feeling so tired from all the craziness that just happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home