That's So Ron!!!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Makes Me Wanna T R A V E L ! ! !

T3, cheaper flights, A380, USA visa probs... argh! Makes me wanna travel NOW! Hahaha I would most probably be travelling within the next few months (for work). And might plan for a holiday (but not so soon)

Thinking about it, I decided to go to ICA to get my passport photo done for my new passport. My passport will only expire in April next year, but you can't travel unless you have 6 months validity. Might as well apply for new [biometric] passport!!!

I know that I can do the photo on the net, but the requirements for the photo is so mah fan, so I thought it would be better if I just went down and get it done. The queue was okay, not too long. Managed to get it done within 10-15 mins. What puzzled me was this... they charge S$5.35.

Five dollars thirty five cents?!?!! Man, I rather pay 65 cents more to round it up, than get 65 cents worth of change. It's rather weird... I mean, don't they find it troublesome themselves?? Funny...

Anyway I took the pic, it was nice, but another strange thing.. my lovely brown hair became black! Huh?!??! It should be brown, since it's bright light. Really strange...

I pasted the photo onto my application and placed it in the deposit box. You save S$10 if you placed it in that box, or post it, or do it via Internet, so... I only need to fork out S$70. Cool! Can't wait to see my new passport, cos my older passports... ai yo, all these passport photos... can be really disastrous to me.

I met Arunan (and Galen, who came later) at Tanah Merah to go to Changi Airport to check out the new Terminal 3 (affectionally known as T3). Coolness. You should have seen me when I stepped into T3. Was acting really mad and like a little kid!!! SO EXCITING!!!

But it truly is. I mean, you think about it... when do you get the chance to check out a world-class airport before its opening? You can roam the departure hall, arrival hall, immigration freely without having to actually travel!!! Coolness... although we had to pay S$1 for entry fee. But nvm, it's still cool!

Arunan gave us a guided tour, since he came the day before. I am glad that he told us about the airport, or else I would be roaming around aimlessly... took a lot of pictures. Cool ones, nice ones, funny ones, crazy ones... you name it, we have it!

The airport is quite nice and eco friendly, compared to many airports around the world. The clear glass look and size of the terminal kinda reminded me of Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport. But only difference? It really looks better. Sorry, I LOVE Bangkok, but I prefer Don Muang Airport a million times more than Suvarnabhumi. It was not completed when it was opened then (when I arrived lah).

Anyway, back to T3. It's rather big and spacious. The airport's look is rather refreshing, clean and it looks just sparkling new (duh, it's a new terminal)! The arrival area has nice cravings from Bali, with a 'green garden'. The boarding gate is kinda 'open', just like the ones in America, so no boarding gate is restricted to only the passengers of a particular flight.

Oh did I mention? Big brands like FIFA, Sony, Apple and many others will be part of the long shopping stretch in the transit area. Whoa... can you believe it?

The shops in and out of the transit area is amazing! Hahahah I mean, at Basement 2, you have many shops and food outlets... it looks like another Plaza Singapura or VivoCity!!!

Shops include Harris, Candy Empire, Watson's, NTUC, Braun Buffel, Shanghai Tang, Madame Butterfly, Goldheart, Burberry, Hugo Boss, M1, The Body Shop...

Food outlets includes Coffee Club, TCC, Crystal Jade (to be opened), Brewerkz, McDonald's, Lerk Thai, Hard Rock Cafe, Dian Xiao Er, Mrs Field's, Genki Sushi, Toast Box...

I think T3 is THE place to be man!!! We should all go there!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home