That's So Ron!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Interview

[WARNING: Lame and fun content ahead. The names of interviewer and interviewee used is 'created' for leisure purpose. Any similarities of any sort is coincidental and unintentional. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.]

RON TAN, alumni of ACS (Barker) and Temasek Polytechnic, has led a very risky and crazy life. LAME TIMES managed to interview the crazy boy and get the updates his life as an NSF, rumours and gossips on him and what the future holds for him.

LT: Hello Ron! Welcome to the Lame Times Online Interview

Ron: Thank you for inviting me to your interview! It's a pleasure to be here.

LT: So now you're in the army. How has it been?

Ron: Well, it's been really tough, especially BMT phrase. It was like the worst time of my life. I think crying was like a norm in there for me. It wasn't easy because regimental life is SO not my kinda of life. To me, I'm wasting my time here. But I know there's no choice and I just gotta do it, so I guess I have to make the best out of it.

I had my own fun here and there, talking to people, laughing, making jokes etc. There have been ups and downs, but yeah... that's life! My current unit is fine. Also it's a school and I'm only gonna be there for a while, I think it's a million times better than BMT.


LT: I heard that this unit that you are in is a stay out unit. What do you do during your free time?

Ron: I make the best of whatever I have... or I think so. Hahahah! I just hang out with my friends, surf the Net, read, exercise a little etc. I recently open the doors of my house to many guests for CNY and it was a pretty cool occasion. I was happy that most of my friends came and that everyone had fun.

Other than that, it's just been personal gatherings here and there.

LT: Apparently we heard from sources that you weren't too happy on the day that you held the CNY celebration. It was something to do with 2 guys or something?

Ron: Oh my God YEAH LOH! Hahahah

LT: What happened?

Ron: Oh well, I invited a whole list of people to my celebration about 2 weeks before the celebration. It is a big thing for me because I seldom bring people to my house due to problems. My mother wasn't even sure about this before it's like there were so many people coming and it will be crazy!

Well anyway, I invited about 4 of my friends from BMT. 2 of them, let's call them GH and AX. I asked both of them. When I was online, AX told me that he can make it and that GH will be coming with me. Okay, fine, sweet!

Then on the day itself, they didn't call or message me at all. I called them and stuff, but no answer. Fine. I messaged them after the celebration, asking them why they couldn't make it. No reply. I saw both of them online at diff. times and I asked them why. Same thing.

I'm pissed not because they can't make it, but because they don't even have the proper courtesy to tell me why they couldn't make it. I'm not asking for some family sh*t drama problem answer, but just tell me something! It's really rude and downright ungracious of them.

To make things worse, GH actually asked me to buy something for the army e-mart because he has 'no access to his camp's one', so I bought for him. We were supposed to meet one day, so that I can pass him the thing. And we've agreed on a time and place. Just 10 mins before the actual time, he messaged me, telling me that he cannot make it for don't-know-what reason? ARgh! And you know what? He was in Dhoby Ghaut, I was in Orchard. How far is it, could you tell me???

It's really irritating 'cos I was already there waiting at Orchard like before the meeting time, so you could've imagined my anger. Thank God I had something to do. Or else... argh I just can't stand them any more.


LT: Have you learned anything from there?

Ron: A lot of things. I think it's harder to make friends when you are older, so make more friends if you are very young!!! Hahahaa! Just be careful of who you are making friends with. And don't get upset over things like that. It's hard, but that's reality.


I also learnt that there are a lot of funny people out there. All sorts of people, when you enter the army. It's truly an eye opener.

LT: You also had a tiff with someone else recently in your unit. Care to share?

Ron: Oh my God! Can you imagine someone looking through your private SMS, calling you fat and rude in a week? Damn! It's like so irritating. You can check my previous entry actually, cos it's a long story too. In fact, this guy also kinda pissed off my buddy in camp!!! He kept teasing him about a watch that my buddy lost and it was SO not funny. God!!!


LT: Let move off topic. How has it been like to be without your good friends, Desmond and Arunan?

Ron: It's been really really tough. I'm so close to them, especially after secondary school. We go out like every week and stuff, so when they left for England, it was a really difficult transistion because a part of me was gone. I couldn't believe that it was happening so fast!! It's like, I thought I was gonna be a boring person after all.

But things are getting better right now. I'm coping fine here, even without their presence. I'm making effort to meet as many of my friends as possible, doing my own thing etc. It's been fun. I do miss them a lot, but it's not all bad. We are still good friends and will always be good friends :D

LT: One last question, what does the future holds for you?

Ron: I don't know. I do hope to go to a university after my NS, but I'm sure that it will be difficult, so I guess I'll use my diploma to get me some job first before thinking about education. But it really depends. Anything can happen.

I did apply for NTU and I'm thinking of either going to Hawaii or Oklahoma (both in USA) for my further studies. I've also considered working in places you would never expect me to think of, including SIA and Disneyland. Hahhaah! Let's see how things go... you never know what will happen to me.

LT: Okay... thanks for your time. We hope to see you again!

Ron: Thanks for this opportunity! It's been a pleasure!! Have a good day!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home