That's So Ron!!!

Monday, December 17, 2007

"And the 1st Asian Idol is... HADY MIRZA!!!"

Oh my God! Congrats to our fellow Singaporean (and of course, Singapore Idol), Hady Mirza, for being the winner of ASIAN IDOL 2007!!!



Wow I could have never imagine such a thing to happen, honestly speaking. I mean... I watch the performance show the night before... and I really thought he didn't have much of a chance. But I'm happy for him, really. And I'm happy cos it seems like Singaporeans are doing their every part to make us proud of ourselves!!! Recent SEA Games was kinda outstanding in a lot of ways too! And many other stuff too!!

What did I really think about everyone's performance that night? Well... here you go:

Jaclyn (Malaysia): I think she has a very powerful voice and she's amazing. She's got the gift. But maybe she doesn't sound like she's enjoying herself much? It does sound a little robotic in a way.

Phuong Vy (Vietnam): Erh... she's really pretty, I must admit. I think a lot of guys like her. I mean, come on lah, she's seriously hot! But her voice? Hmm she has potential, but the songs she chose like... okay that Vietnamese song sounds like those Cantopop song that you hear in KBox. And "River Deep Mountain High" was so so.

Mau (Philippines): I don't know if she's pressurised or something (cos she comes from a country with many well known singers like Lea Salonga and Regine Velasquez), but she sounded controlled. She can show her power and her diva-ness, strength... whatever! But she was just hiding it. What a waste. She could have thrown us off our seats.

Abhijeet (India): He was trying very hard with "Everything I Do", but it still wasn't enough. I think he's not fluent with the language or something. What a pity. The Hindi song was okay lah. He could have chosen other Hindi songs that were nicer actually.

Mike (Indonesia): He sounded fine. I thought that he would be the dark horse of the competition, cos his voice is quite soothing, although it does sound a little typical in a way. But it's good and strong. And he looks like Indo's version of Ruben Studdard! Hahah

Hady (Singapore): I think the judges (or whoever) made the right choice to send Hady over. I can't imagine Taufik over there. I like Taufik a lot, but maybe... I don't know. Hady seems right for this competition. Anyway I really really felt that Hady chose the wrong song. Wah lau, "Beautiful Day"!??!! Jac sang "Gemilang", why don't you just sing "You Gave Me Wings"? It would have blown the people off. But anyway, the Malay song was good. I think he sang better than Taufik.

In my honest opinion, I thought Jaclyn would win. I think it was good that we got to vote for 2 countries, so I also voted for Hady. Didn't expect the results to be like this. But, I mean seriously, it's good. I'm happy about it. I'm not sure about the fans of the other Idols, but seriously, for us Singaporeans, this is a big thing!!!

I mean, there are many great singers (and talents) here in Singapore. Stefanie Sun, Tanya Chua, Taufik Batisah, Pimp Parking Lot (is that their names?), A Vacant Affair, Electrico and many more! Problem is, we Singaporeans don't support them as much as Rihanna (yucks), Chemical Romance and whoever that's popular now. Sad, but true.

But today speaks of a different story. Of a new phase for Singapore's entertainment industry. Hady wins an international recording contract (wow) and trip around the world to see the other Idol shows. WOW. Seriously, CONGRATS

HADY, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home