That's So Ron!!!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pilgrimage to Temasek (TP ROCKS)

I've been quite busy (though not as busy as last month) with work. But after much persuasion, I decided to come back to TP and check out what my school is like now. Thing is... my friend didn't know that I'm coming. I just told Nicholas that I can't make it. Haha

Took bus 23 all the way to TP this afternoon. It felt so good, cos it just remind of the old days... going to school while looking into the big blue sky, listening to my discman and getting lost in my world... thinking about the beautiful things in life and all the beautiful people around. It's such a wonderful feeling.

Upon arriving, I walk across the bridge linking to TP. There were overly-enthusiatic kids (lined up on each side of the bridge) shouting and greeting each visitor [with much enthusiasm and warmth] that walks into and out of the school. They reminded me of the reason why I chose to go to TP out of the (then) 4 polytechnics :)

I gave a call to Nicholas and shocked him by telling him that I am in school. Hahaa, but at least it was a pleasant surprise. We went straight to the business school and walk through crowds... ended up at LT 19 for some crazy show. Imagine sitting in a room with kids trying to decide their fate through a ridiculously mad fashion show hosted by a 'drag queen'. Haha!

This 'drag queen' came out and starting bringing in representatives of each diploma course in the Business school (quite proud that HTM got a pretty one). And there had this role playing nonsense that was ridiculously mad, draggy but funny. That 'drag queen' was totally crazy.

I went straight to Biz Park for something that I have been longing for for eons. [for those who study in TP, please say this along with me...] :





CAR-LER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!


















Hahahah okay okay for the totally clueless, it's actually the infamous chicken cutlet from TP Business School canteen, also known as Biz Park. Nicholas was wondering what's up with me and my craze over it.

For those who has never been to TP, you should try this. It's the only chicken cutlet that I've known that has sauce over it. Usually you only get this sauce if you buy chicken chop, or pork chop, or whatever chop lah. But in this canteen, every other dish has sauce on it. And it taste amazing. I would usually have it once a week. It just perks me up.

Upon graduating... my life got more and more busy and I never had the time to go back to school. I did go back a few times, but the stall was always closed. I was SO happy that it's open today!!! I queued up patiently to order my favourite dish. The auntie and all the workers (except the guy who says 'car-ler one') were there. Poor 'car-ler one' man. The Lord decided to take him to Heaven earlier. I'm so sad. But anyway... my cutlet came and I happily added a generous amount of mayo, just like I always do when I was in school.

I walked to the table where Nicholas was sitting, smiling excitedly like a little kid with his favourite bag of candies. Oh my God.. the moment... the anxiety. It took me a while before I cut that very small piece and place it into my mouth....


HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


Oh my God. I nearly cried. It still taste so good. An adrenaline rush ran into me.

I've waited 3 freaking years for this moment. No one knows how much I HEART BIZ PARK CHICKEN CUTLET. It's amazing. The frieds, the beans, the chicken cutlet and the sauce... only the bread is different. But that's fine. Still lovin' it :)















Nicholas was still puzzled. Hahaha wait till he leaves school.

We walked around school and towards the end, he had to go back to CyberCentre to load pics for his CCA, so he had to go and... I went walking around myself. There are quite a bit of changes in school and... yeah it's quite diff. I mean, Cheers in school, no more travel agency, a more high tech looking book drop. Wow. School has changed, but I'm glad that the enthusiasm is still there.

Earlier on, I managed to see a 'rock' performance by some school group and all the 'i-guides' (or rather, school guides) were dancing around. Cheers after cheers, TP students just can't seem to get enough of it. And if you think that's over... a familiar song came out.
OH MY GOD MASS DANCE!!!

I felt like dancing it, cos I roughly remember the steps... then I realised that I don't have a partner. And Nicholas found his own partner (even if he didn't, I can't exactly be dancing the mass dance with him). Hahaa

It was so fun seeing all these crazy kids doing the mad dance (oh my God, are we the only school in the world that has our OWN mass dance??)



After the tiring dance, came... the CHICKY DANCE. This one is a little crazy. I don't know how to explain it but it's total madness. Then our school song. wow.

Now I really wish I was back in school. Those were the days...

My day ended with dinner with Jeremy at Tampines and walking around Tampines Mall (affectionately known as TM to TP students). Aaah... then I took 23 back home and pass by school again!













Oh, those were the days man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home