That's So Ron!!!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I AM GOING TO HONG KONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God I am confirmed on Hong Kong!!!  Wow I'm like so excited.  I've been thinking of my holiday for like *THE* longest time and it's like so cool, seriously.  Hahaha I'm running out of words to describe this adrenalin excitement!!! So happy.

But you know what's the funny thing?  I didn't book it through my agency but through the NATAS FAIR!!!

Yes it is the bi-yearly travel fair that every other Singaporean goes to pick up the best travel deal or to find out more travel related information.  It's like the annual sale for travel!

What I like about NATAS Fair is that you can choose from a range of tours from different agencies.  The prices are competitive and crazy at times!!!  Besides that, you may also go and search for info on places that you intend to visit, check out new offers, new places to go and even subscribe to 8 Days!!!  (seriously!  I did see Milo once, trying to promote some drinks).

This year's NATAS is different, cos:

  1. It's held at Expo.  It's usually held at Suntec (which I would have preferred cos it's more convenient for me) freaking organiser 
  2. It's held from 29th February - 2nd March, which is very early compared to previous years (usually held end March)

Anyway, I went down to NATAS twice (once on Friday and once on Saturday).  Oh my God, the crowd's the same.  Okay, Friday afternoon is okay, cos not many people are around and free.  But Saturday was crazy!!!  It was like half of Singapore's population is searching for a holiday!!!  Ai yo, and they can still complain about inflation and GST Hike!  Haha

During the 2 days, I was walking around looking for HK deals.  But it seems that a lot of agencies that could not provide my preferred travel dates: end-July.  Most of them could only give me rates until June.  Was worried, but thankfully I found 2 agencies: Resorts Travel and Nam Ho Travel.

Although I went to Resorts 1st, I booked with Nam Ho because the lady seems to know more and was more attentive towards meAnd nicer :) .  Booking it was a little 'heartbreaking' because I have to foot a deposit of S$1000 (yes THAT much) for the trip.  Rather scary, come to think of it.

But I'm very glad that I've made the booking.  I'm really, really excited.  It'll be my 1st time to Hong Kong.  And we are planning to travel to Macau, maybe go to Disneyland or Ocean Park... wow it's just so... hard to describe.  Hahaha

You know what's funny?  I was desperately looking for a HK deal.. and I can slowly talk to the Air Mauritius lady about how similar Mauritius is to Singapore and chat with the TopDeck stuff about Spain.

This fair just makes me wanna travel... but I wanna go to places that not many people wanna go, including Okinawa, Jeju and Spain.  Ai yah... maybe next time.

 

P3011017

Seriously the queue was THAT long

P3011019
"Oh my God I SO need a holiday..."

P3011022

P3011021

Never ending...

 

P3011020

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home